Thursday, January 1, 2009

Can I continue my Nursing degree studies in China or Japan, to return to the States and get my license

Can I continue my Nursing degree studies in China or Japan, to return to the States and get my license?
What about American colleges in China or Japan? I know there's a big one in Japan that offers Nursing but I still don't know. Seems like my major will be holding me back from studying abroad
Higher Education (University +) - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Registered Nurse licenses are regulated by your state board of nursing. In most states, you must graduate from an school of nursing accredited by that state. If you graduate from a foreign school of nursing, you must meet that state's requirements for foreign educated nurses and then pass the NCLEX exam. Nursing is VERY different in China and I'm not sure it would prepare you well to pass the NCLEX in the US. Japanese nursing is more in line with US, but I'd check out the school carefully. The first thing you need to do is to go to the website for your state's board of nursing and see their regulations for foreign trained nurses and then compare that to the schools you are considering. I don't want to make it sound impossible because it isn't. Nurses from Ireland and the Philippines come here frequently and get a license, but usually after some kind of additional training course. Take care before studying abroad for a US license.