Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Are there any wet nurse agencies

Are there any wet nurse agencies?
I would love to become a wet nurse. I heard there is a UK agency but I can't find it. Any ideas? I know agencies are pretty common in America and China but wet-nursing is only just becoming popular again in the UK so not many agencies. I really enjoy the relationship with the child and feel it important to give children tht don't normally have the opportunity the benefits of breast milk. If anyone has done it and knows where to advertise or better yet agencies to join please let me know. Many thanks
Newborn & Baby - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I did not know that was done anymore, its not common in the US. I do not think that it is becoming popular. There are too many health risks involved. I think you are misinformed.
2 :
It's not really common in the US. In fact, there's really only one agency of any size in the US that provides wetnurses. You might have an easier time getting UK-specific answers, with answers.yahoo.co.uk, or asking on the local tribal area subforum on the mothering.com discussion boards.


 Read more discussion :