Monday, March 7, 2011

Is 98 a high rating for fasting glucose

Is 98 a high rating for fasting glucose?
I live in China and my doctor is European. I got a fasting glucose rating of 5.47, which I estimate is about 98 in US measurment. Due to this rating, she wanted me take the glucose screening test, which I did today. I'm waiting for the results, but I think they must be within normal range because the nurse said that if things were good, they wouldn't "disturb" me tonight. Was anyone else called in for the glucose screening after a fasting glucose of about 98? I am overweight and over 40.
Pregnancy - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I think that at 98, you are not in the "high" reading, but it could be a sign that you might want to make a few subtle changes to lower it to a fasting number of 80 or so. But I think "normal" is between 80-100, but I'm not 100% certain.But I wouldn't freak about about it too much =)
2 :
98 Is not a high rate for a fasting glucose.. however be sure to watch your diet carefully while pregnant...The normal range is 80- 110... I work in a lab and perform this test on patients...
3 :
I think it should be below 94, so it isn't that bad.
4 :
Fasting is supposed to be below 110. You're fine.


Read more discusion :