Saturday, September 1, 2012

christians.i believe that everything happens for a reason

christians.i believe that everything happens for a reason!!??
:im 19 andd a girl why does it feel like, something is telling me to go to the peace corps....i am a nurse assistant and now i feel like i should be their, i can help ppl im going to join and leave in a year to go to china for 2 years. My family is against me going, because it's dangerous but its my desicion it feels as if God is telling me to go. why is that?? what should i do? any advice?
Religion & Spirituality - 10 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
God also tells you to respect your parents, keep that in mind.. i don't know which is the right thing to do... but talk to your parents again.
2 :
You. Need to lay off those drugs.
3 :
My cousin tried the peace corps. and ended up coming home within a couple of months. She was sexually harassed the whole time by her superiors. Its dangerous because you also end up in areas where there aren't protections for you and civil unrest can mean a death sentence. Why don't you throw your energy into becoming a full blown nurse? or better, a doctor? There is a growing need for medical professionals.
4 :
You can use you illusion let it take you where it may We live and learn and then sometimes it's best to walk away Me I'm just here hangin' on It's my only place to stay at least for now anyway. I've worked too hard for my illusions just to throw them all away! I know it looks like I'm insane...But take a closer look I'm not to blame.... Cos if FAITH is blind I guess I'll buy myself a cane!
5 :
voices in your head are a sign of a seriously delusional sickness.
6 :
If you really feel that is what God wants you to do. I say God Bless and go. We have a family that is headed off to Kosovo for 7 years. If your parents are believers they will understand. The best way they can support you is in prayer.
7 :
Life is dangerous- cancer, Alzheimer's, AIDS, drive by shootings, drunk drivers... Everyone must find their own way. If you stay at "home" and work in an office and never step out of boundaries made by someone else you might wind up regretting it. If you go live your life the way you want to you should not have regrets. Your choices are yours. Also, I've known a few people who've been in the Peace Corps and they expressed liking it and learning a great deal from the experience. Best wishes to you.
8 :
If you feel that this is what God is telling you to do,You are the only one that knows that,I see what the first person told you to Honor your Mother and Father,which is true,but if you strongly feel that God wants you to go,Then you also have to obey Your HEAVENLY FATHER.Pray for God to show your parents as well,they are probabley against it because they Love you,and it worries them that your so young and well be on your own in a whole other country.If you were my daughter,I know that would be the case with me.
9 :
Yes, I do too. But the reasons are established by ourselves, if we focus on what we have been doing lately. You are 19, and old enough to do whatever you want, but I would advice to listen to voices with more experiences like those of your family. If they are against your joining the peace corps, they might have some obvious reasons to reject the idea. But if you are of those who learn only from their mistakes, go for it. But if things turn out to be disastrous, I hope you will be big enough to blame only yourself and not an unhappy childhood.
10 :
As a mom my advise is to tell you to go follow your dream and your heart, as hard as it might be for your parents to let you go... it's not really their decision. Tell them to have faith in the values they've en stilled in you as you were growing up and also to trust in God that you are doing his will. As a parent it is bitter sweet for us knowing we'll have to let go and let you live your own life... "sad for us but an adventure for you". Just reassure them that they have done a great job as your parents and you know how to make wise decisions. However have you considered another avenue where you can be helpful, like the military where you would be in a group that has more rules and is more liabel to protect you as you work for them? I think the Peace Corps has had some bad publicity and might not be as safe a place for a young woman. Your leaving the nest is going to happen someday it's inevitable they will have to learn to adjust, they knew this day would come, do listen to what they're saying for advice reasons they could be speaking from experience, as a Parent we only want the best for our kids but on the other hand have faith in God if that is where you feel he is wanting you to go then he guided your path! Best of luck in what you do! Go out there and enjoy all that life has to offer and make them proud.



 Read more  discussion :