Sunday, June 28, 2009

Which major should I pick- International Studies or Registered Nursing

Which major should I pick- International Studies or Registered Nursing?
I've been interested in east Asia for years. It started in 8th grade and progressed over the years into the music, culture, movies, fashion, etc of Japan, China, and South Korea. I am now 18 going on 19 so it's been a while and it isn't just a fleeting thing. Since I was a child I've wanted to be a nurse. Even now I enjoy cleaning/dressing wounds. I wonder if I want to major in International Studies with a minor in Asian Studies. I want to teach English in Asia for a 1+ years after I get my Bachelor's (the degree can be any subject). Then I'd like to maybe get my Master's and teach Asian history/culture at the uni level here in America. If I became a RN, would that 1+ years away affect my remembrance/skills as a nurse? Would I have to do self-study during that time? I'd like to travel, how is vacation time for RNs? What is the market for a prof. of Asian studies here? Does it depend on where you live? Also, what other careers would a Intl. Studies major be good for?
Teaching - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I have been a RN for 4 years now, and i have been looking into a job as a traveling RN. They are really needed in a lot of hospitals, and the pay is amazing. You would be silly to go into international studies instead of an RN. because RN's make way more money than you would ever make. You also get a lot of amazing befits if you are a well liked nurse. our doctors are rich, and they gave all of the nurses wonderful gifts (massages by professionals, and a 200$ raise) The job is awarding in the long run.


Read more discussion :