Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Which major should I pick- International Studies or Registered Nursing

Which major should I pick- International Studies or Registered Nursing?
I've been interested in east Asia for years. It started in 8th grade and progressed over the years into the music, culture, movies, fashion, etc of Japan, China, and South Korea. I am now 18 going on 19 so it's been a while and it isn't just a fleeting thing. Since I was a child I've wanted to be a nurse. Even now I enjoy cleaning/dressing wounds. I wonder if I want to major in International Studies with a minor in Asian Studies. I want to teach English in Asia for a 1+ years after I get my Bachelor's (the degree can be any subject). Then I'd like to maybe get my Master's and teach Asian history/culture at the uni level here in America. If I became a RN, would that 1+ years away affect my remembrance/skills as a nurse? Would I have to do self-study during that time? I'd like to travel, how is vacation time for RNs? What is the market for a prof. of Asian studies here? Does it depend on where you live? Also, what other careers would a Intl. Stuides major be good for?
Other - Careers & Employment - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
OMG Nursing! international studies will have you living ta home with your folks until you are 50. Look at school with a vocation in mind. Nursing rocks
2 :
If nursing appeals to you that much, then I would say that you are not going to be happy unless you are a nurse. Why not be an international/traveling nurse?
3 :
NURSING! That is, if you want to get a job when you graduate.


 Read more discussion :