Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Does height affect employment opportunities

Does height affect employment opportunities?
I'm a 5'5 (barefoot) tall male. I've recently graduated with a Bachelor's of Science in Nursing and about to obtain a degree in Chemical engineering from UC Berkeley. Many of my friends from China stated that height plays a dramatic role in whether they will most likely be employed in the political field, law, or any business type work. They also said height affects the "dating scene" as well. I know this might sound as nonsense and illogical; however, I believe with China's GDP dramatically increasing, I might work for them in the late future with most of the jobs in the United States being offshored. Of course, I completely understand that life is unfair and I had no control of my own genes that encodes the phenotype for height.
Engineering - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
It matters both in China and US. However, in China they're more obvious about it. They'll specifically specifiy height in job postings sometimes. In the US, you'd just get cut at the interview. So yes it does matter. You can make up for it with talent though.
2 :
Yes it does and if you are concerned then wear elevator shoes. See http://www.walktallshoes.com/ Also don't slouch, i.e. stomach in, chest out to stand tall.


 Read more discussion :