Saturday, May 7, 2011

I think my boyfriend tried hurting my pet bird

I think my boyfriend tried hurting my pet bird?
My boyfriend is from China. He has been abusive to me, and I am finally leaving him after 2 yrs of dating. anyways, a few months ago I found an injured and dying pigeon on the street while I was feeding the pigeons. I took the little fella home, but when I took her to the vet after nursing her back to health to have her leg and wing fixed, the vet said she was too domesticated to survive in the wild...so she is my pet. She spends most of her time outside of her cage hanging out and playing while I study. Anyways, there is this one toy I bought for her that she adored...it was a mirror that if she hit it with her beak it would spin. She only had it a couple weeks and it was in perfect condition...but then I came home one day and my pigeon was hiding in the back of her cage and the mirror was broken. I asked my boyfriend if he broke it since it was really strong...so I don't think my pigeon could have. He said, "No." A few days later he admitted that he broke the toy. I asked him how and he said that he must have "knocked it" and it "fell over." His friend came to visit us and when I mentioned my pet pigeon he was like, "I would never leave an animal with Zhang." and then my boyfriend was like, "haha because I'm mean to animals." I've never met an animal that likes him...and my pigeon hates him. Do you think he was trying to hurt my pet bird??? He liked to talk about how in China (Southern China) it is a delicacy to eat a monkey's brains alive while it is screaming in pain, eat fish while they are still breathing, and at his school they would catch stray dogs and beat them to death and eat them. I even just read about them slowly cooking cats alive just because. Anywho, the guy is a sick f*ck...I am currently finding a place to move into... Thank you in advance! :) im just curious because I never had a pet bird before, so Im not sure if maybe they do break easily from just knocking into them. i dont think he would try eating my bird. He has been in the states for over 10 yrs and knows better. I think he just doesn't see animals as having feelings and thinks it is funny to abuse them. I just have never caught him abuse an animal before.
Birds - 7 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
did you really need to post this. the answer is obvious.
2 :
well its obvious if he admited it
3 :
As hard as it is to imagine someone eating animals and beating them, it is true. They seem sick to us but in China that is what they eat. My friend in Greece eats a whole fish the guts and everything. he tells me the eyeball is the best but thats what he eats. i do believe the dude was trying to hurt your bird. You should have said "Dude this is not china anymore so please do not try to eat my bird because it is rude here to eat pets."
4 :
He probably tried to kill your pet pigeon. May I need to say anymore? -- PA
5 :
da da dada da da da da daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
6 :
There's something horribly wrong with you. "delicacy to eat a monkey's brains alive while it is screaming in pain," That's only something you'll read from china-bashing ignoramuses on internet forums, and it's not something Chinese people would've even heard of never mind tell you. At least try to make the story a bit more credible. Yeesh.
7 :
Most people from China aren't like this- your ex boyfriend is just mentally ill. In China, yes, things we don't eat are eaten. We eat cows here and chickens, but do we laugh if we see them being tortured? Heck no! The Chinese are the same way. So it's not the culture- it's him. He's really sick in the head to be saying things like that! How disturbing. I'm sure he's hurt, if not severely frightened, your pet. He probably got annoyed due to the sound the bird's play was making and broke the toy. Bird toys do not break easy or the birds could get hurt on them. Bird toys are made to be durable. Your ex could have tried to hurt, or hurt, the pigeon as well. If he's willing to hurt you, there's no reason he wouldn't be willing to hurt a bird as well- it can't fight back, can't call the police, etc. So yes, the possibility he's hurt your pet is high. I hope you and your pet are able to get away from this nutjob safely. :(



 Read more discussion :