Saturday, July 7, 2012

Can you become a professional wet nurse or sell breast milk

Can you become a professional wet nurse or sell breast milk?
I nursed for someone else's child and I loved the whole experience. So I was wondering if you could become a professional one. I know it's become popular among rich people in China but I'm looking for something more local probably. Also, could I sell my breast milk? I was looking into donating but it seems fairly outrageous to charge people who can't breastfeed for whatever reasons $100 a day for their baby. If you solely breastfeed through a milk bank for 6 months, that's about $18,000 which is just ridiculous. You can do the whole nine months of pregnancy plus birth for less than half that price. I would want to sell it to mothers who can't breastfeed or babies who don't have their mother. Please post. Thanks. Like I said, I looked into donating but charging $3.50 for one ounce and your baby drinks 20-30 ounces a day is just ridiculous.
Pregnancy - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I don't think you're allowed to sell your breast milk. That falls into the category of human byproducts and parts. For example, you can't "sell" your sperm, but rather you can be compensated for your time. You can't sell your blood, a kidney.. etc. So I'd go with no, you can't sell breast milk. You can donate it though if you're eligible.
2 :
I don't think you can sell your bm, at least I'm not aware of a place that unites pumpers and buyers for that.... although there are places where you can donate it. you can donate to a milk bank that pasteurizes it, then in turn sells it to hospitals for preemies or you can donate directly to other moms who either can't produce (enough) or adopted, etc...



 5Read more discussion :